Saturday, May 20, 2006

5th Street Market


After Linn's run with his Saturday group we have coffee with all the runners and walkers, of which there are about 15 or so. The flowers are looking good now. The market is under construction for its newest re-incarnation. Will it be an improvement?

It is Sunday here now and I turned on Washington Journal. It comes on early in Eugene at 4:00 a.m. My call went through for the first time. The question was 'is the country headed for a time of drift?' as posited by David Gergen who listed five critical areas. They were education, health care, debt, science, and the fith one has slipped my mind. There are many more than his list of five. Yes, Gergen is right on. It is sad. I think my voice was shaky on my Skype phone, marking me as the old woman that I am.

If our country goes down we will still have our universe.

No comments: